The price of gas tends to change regularly, and you never know when the cost to fill up your tank is going to hit your finances unexpectedly. For this reason, it is important to save on gas whenever you can:
- Download an app that can show you the price of gas at each station in the area. However, be sure to choose a station before you drive so you will not be distracted.
- Avoid idling for long periods. Idling for just one minute consumes the same amount of gas as starting your engine.
- Lighten your car by removing heavy items from your trunk to help improve your overall fuel economy.
- Get your vehicle’s fluids changed regularly.
- Drive slower, as simply reducing your highway speeds can improve your fuel economy by about 20 percent.
- Compare fuel economy ratings when you are buying or leasing a new vehicle.
© 2019 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.